A (HC) Heavy Combination Truck Licence enables you to drive any fully fuelled articulated truck with at least three axles. In a front end loader with a semi-trailer, a flatbed truck, or a strong heavy vehicle towing a flatbed trailer with a GPM over 9 tons. Other available classes are available depending on your country of origin. These classes enable heavy trucks to be operated by non-licensed drivers, to tow trailers with heavy loads, and to haul goods on unloading roll-ons. Different classes are also available based on the type of engine (GPM), transmission system (revs/axles), and load capacity (Lbs).


If you wish to apply for the heavy combination truck licence you need to fulfil several criteria. Firstly, you must hold an appropriate driving licence from your country of origin. If this is not the case your application will be rejected. Secondly, you must have a full understanding of the working of each of the wheels in your truck and be able to demonstrate that you can control the movement of the main axle using either the steering wheel, the foot pedal, or the brakes.


There are currently two types of classifications available for heavy combination truck licence applications in the United Kingdom. Class A is provided for vehicles that are designed for use with heavier goods and that have a maximum specified maximum steerage of 5.0 metres. Class B covers a lighter vehicle that is designed for use with lighter goods and that has a maximum steerage of less than five metres. Both of these classifications can be valid for use on British roads if they are undertaken under the following conditions: the vehicle must be registered with the DVLA and it must be a heavy vehicle as defined by the GVM.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *